24 September 2005

School, school, and MORE school

i am still alive!
I have been very busy with my studies, which is a good thing. I have been interning at a local school, which means I get to be in a classroom with kids.
It has been so much fun and is my favorite part of school at ASU.
A few times during the past few weeks I have been going into a classroom to just observe literacy in action.
One time while observing I was helping some students with some questions they had while they were working on an assignment. A cute little girl asked me what my name was and I got "confused" with what name to give her because I was just going to be there for a few more minutes.
So I said to myself, "Do I tell her my first name or do I give her my teacher name, Miss.?" At length I came to the conclusion that I should just tell her my first name.
So I did and she said, "That's a pretty name!"
That made me smile the whole rest of the day!

No comments: