22 June 2007

Things I did this week....

This week I went to the BEST professional development workshop EVER!
There I learned.........

Making an impact to the people I come in contact with EVERYDAY

The importance of music

Doing things one at a time

The importance of state changes

Kyrene was the right district for me because they had Peanut Butter M&M’s in their vending machines!!

giving sincere compliments

…wait time….

the significance of storytelling

stop hesistating and take a step

try, try, try

working in groups

creating memorable lessons … “memory is the art of attention”

the magnitude of frames (points of view)…..frames create meaning

!!!!!!!!!!!ENERGIZERS!!!!!!!!!!!

“What we see in our minds directly impacts our thinking and our behavior” ~ creating positive mental images

I learned how to juggle with three balls… through that activity I learned to:
celebrate the small successes
take small steps
importance of peer coaching
being open to new things

I BROKE a 12x12x1 inch piece of wood with my hand! It was awesome!!Here’s a picture to prove it!


What I learned from breaking a board…
it’s important to see the end in mind
power and strength of teamwork and encouraging words
the impact of music
getting through the maze of life will take courage and risks … will I be ready?. of course!!!

A special thanks goes out to our instructor Cristal McGill and
all of the amazing Kyrene teachers who attended the workshop!

Oh by the way...I got a job! I will be teaching 4th grade in the Kyrene School District!

4 comments:

THE BANGARTS said...

I am so excited for you Beth!! You will make such a fun teacher! Good luck!!

Adam Dibble said...

Miss. Dibble! You will be awesome. I wish all of my teachers were as cool as you're going to be.

Marissa Marie said...

So funny, I've been finding all sorts of AZ peeps. Update your blog, it's fun to read.

Annie said...

Girl! I just found your blog! How fun! I can't wait to finish my degree and teach too!

We love being in your brother's ward! I hope all is going well for you! Love you!