03 February 2008

Easy Tortellini Soup

I've done this a couple of times and just had to share. Enjoy!

Easy Tortellini Soup
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with spices
2 cans (14.5 oz. each) roasted garlic chicken broth
1 pkg. (9 oz.) Three Cheese tortellini
1 cup torn baby spinach leaves – from packaged salad
¼ c. shredded Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper

Combine undrained tomatoes and broth in a large saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce to med.-high heat and add tortellini. Cook until heated, about 7 mins. Stir in spinach; cook until wilted and heated through – about 1 min. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide among 4 serving bowls. Top each with about a Tablespoon of cheese. Serve with garlic bread and salad made with left over spinach.
Serves : 4 Prep time: 5 mins. Total time: 20 mins.
*Once I used 1 large can of diced tomatoes (28 oz.), 1 can of chicken broth, and 1 can of tomato soup, then cooked as directed.

3 comments:

Kameron said...

Yum yum yum! I'm making this tomorrow night - thanks, Beth! I love recipes, and am always trying new ones. I'll let you know how it goes.

Emily Rasmussen said...

Hey there!??!!?!? It is so good to hear from you! I bet you are the best teacher ever. I guess if you read my blog then there isn't much I can update you on, but we are really good. Thanks for telling me about your blog! I'll keep checking it. the soup sounds great.
Emily

PS my sister lives in AZ too

Derek & Kellyn said...

Hey Beth! Its Kellyn!! Your blog is cute! I just created a blog, so you'll have to check it out. Its not much at all, but Im adding to it. Your baby invitation should be arriving in the couple of weeks :). Hope all is well with you. Talk to you soon!