27 April 2008

Two new temples in Arizona

I couldn't believe it when I first heard the news, so I did some research. I am so excited! Below are the pictures of the Snowflake and the Mesa temples. (Snowflake picture taken from Darren Webb and Mesa picture is taken from me)

LDS Church News: Published: Friday, Apr. 25, 2008

Plans to build two new temples in Arizona, one in the Gila Valley and the other in Gilbert, were announced by President Thomas S. Monson. This will bring the total number of temples to 134 already in operation or in the planning and construction phases.

"It is my personal priority to make sure members of the Church have access to the blessings of the temple," said President Monson. "It is here where members learn of their divine origin and destiny; where they are strengthened spiritually as individuals and as families. Temples are sanctuaries from the storms of life."

There are currently two temples in Arizona: one in Mesa and another in Snowflake. The temples in the Gila Valley and Gilbert will bring the total number to four.


The two new temples are the first to be announced by President Monson since he became president of the Church on Feb. 3.



4 comments:

Elyse said...

wow! This is the first I've heard about this! Thanks for posting the news and keeping me on top of things! How awesome to have so many so close! Do you know how soon they are going to start building?

Ty & Shay Nansel said...

Beth! What is your email? email me at shaylen.walters@asu.edu your email becuase my blog is private so i can invite you! love your blog! so cute!

Gary and Angela said...

woo-hoo! I was out of town when they annnounced that and I was so excited when I heard :)

Whitney said...

Did you take those pictures Beth? We still need an original Beth photo of the Mesa Temple to hang in our house!