19 October 2008

Fall Break

Monday
When with Elliot and hiked Camelback Mountain.
miscellaneous094miscellaneous090miscellaneous083


Tuesday
I was in my classroom all day organizing the library, filing papers, and planning for next week.

Wednesday
I went hiking with Geneva Goodbear. We went to South Mountain.
IMG_0004IMG_0007IMG_0002

Thursday
I went on the Pioneer Trek for the Tempe South Stake. I was a Big Sister of the Orange group. On day one we treked 16 miles.
pioneertrek024pioneertrek025pioneertrek027pioneertrek028pioneertrek020pioneertrek019pioneertrek021pioneertrek014pioneertrek010pioneertrek030pioneertrek029pioneertrek032


Friday and Saturday
On day two we hiked 8 miles. PLUS the woman's pull. Early in the morning on day three we quickly packed up because of a storm. It rained and the winds were up to 60 mph. We walked about one mile to our final destination in the mud. Overall it was a great experience and I am really glad I was able to go. While walking I had a phrase from Come Come Ye Saints in my head. The phrase was "gird up your loins; fresh courage take. Our God will never us forsake." The pioneers gave so much. They went through countless difficulties and heartaches yet they knew in whom they trusted. Heavenly Father never forsake them. My testimony was strenghten and my desire to have faith in every footstep increased.

pioneertrek043pioneertrek044pioneertrek049pioneertrek050pioneertrek058pioneertrek059

2 comments:

Josie's Blog said...

Hey Beth! This is Josie, your blog is so cute! I have a blog too, it is josiejane.blogspot.com

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

i love the pic of my dad by the fire! its him in his "happy place"! :)