15 April 2006

Spencer's Class


This semester I have been truly blessed to have an AMAZING teacher. His name is David Spencer! Last Thursday we took a class picture:

Back Row: (Left to Right) Cassandra, Shayla, Shannon, Jose, Spencer, Beth W., Tiffany, Amy, and Renae.

Middle Row: (L to R) Lisa, Beth D. (that's ME!), Andrea, Rachel, Adrienne, Lauren, and Evan.
Front Row: (sitting L to R) Brandy, Melissa, Chrissy, Pete, and Renee.
Not Pictured: Johanna, Jennifer

I found this article and it gives a small but wonderful description of that kind of person Spencer is. This was in the Arizona Republic on August 11, 2005:

“When Chandler kindergarten teacher Tonia Tinker was asked to be featured in Yes, The Arizona Republic's weekly fashion magazine, she didn't hesitate."It was a lot of fun doing the hair and the makeup and wearing the clothes. I had a great time," Tinker said.But after last week's edition hit driveways, the 24-year-old Jacobson Elementary School teacher found she had become a mini-celebrity - on and off campus.
As parents drive up to the curb at pickup time, they have handed her copies of the magazine and told her she's a natural model. Tinker also got a supportive e-mail from Camille Casteel, superintendent of the Chandler Unified School District, after Casteel read the story. The most exciting response came from David Spencer, an Arizona State University social studies professor Tinker had in college."I got this envelope with the article and a letter from him saying he was proud of me. I was so excited, I called my sister immediately to tell her about it," Tinker said. "He (the professor) goes through 30 kids every three months, and yet he remembered me." "

No comments: